Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Lynskey Cooper CX - Complete!

My Lynskey Cooper CX all purpose bike is now complete (as of today)!  This is hopefully the bike which will carry me across the country sometime in the near/distant future.  Overall cost of the bike was quite a bit more than anticipated, but turned out absolutely stellar.  This will likely the be the last bike I ever build/buy.  See no reason to own anything else, ever....

I want to thank my beautiful wife time and time again for her support over the last several weeks/months!  There were a few sighs along the way, but she let me keep progressing.  So, the build continued and is now finally complete.

Components

  • Lynskey Cooper CX (ML) frame
  • Stans No Tubes Grail wheels
  • Continental Gatorskins 700x28 - Folding
    • Not sold on tubeless yet
  • Shimano Ultegra mech
  • Niner Carbon fork
    • This was the only thru-axle disc fork I could find with rack mounts
  • TRP HY/RD disc brakes
  • Thomson seat post
  • Ritchey Stem (80mm)
  • 11-32 Ultegra cassette
  • 53-39 Ultegra crank - 172.5
  • Shimano XT rotors
  • FSA Gossamer Compact Wing Handlebar
  • Lots of other odds and ends which increased the overall cost :-)

Build

  • I completed the build and tuning single-handedly.  A local shop installed the fork crown race and tightened the bottom bracket.  Those five years working/wrenching in a bike shop sure paid off, although bike technology has certainly changed since then.



1 comment: